We are really glad that your entire family enjoyed our adventure, and that you appreciated the more personal feel our smaller group size brings. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your 5-star experience with others. -Wild West Team-
Ah.... But as you mentioned, you saw some things that you wouldn't have seen or even heard of without Paul. Of course, you can see the Pancake Rocks by yourself, but it's the added history, geography and of course humour - combined with those few little hidden gems - that keep people booking us for their Pancake Rocks part of their holiday. We're glad you enjoyed the company of our guide - in this case Paul - and all the things the area has to offer. Thanks for your review! -Wild West Team-
Gloworm Cave Tubing冒险是一次很神奇的经历！我对我们的导游 Kreig印象很深刻。他让整场冒险都很让人兴奋，很有教育意义，总体过程都很有趣！作为一个美国人，第一次来新西兰旅行，绝对很难选择那场冒险。我很高兴我选择了西部探险/龙的洞穴漂流,这是迄今为止我在新西兰经历的最好的冒险之旅。这旅游包括一些额外的惊喜,比如在山洞里吃热巧克力和之后还泡了一个温暖的温泉,太棒了!这是一个独一无二的独特的冒险,你在世界上其他地方不会有这样的经历
Wow! You MUST have loved our tour a lot, reviewing it so positively on both our pages! Thanks for taking the extra time to do that; we really do appreciate it! Our guides all do their best to share with you some educational history, glow worm facts, and of course, a whole lot of fun. Thanks for enjoying it all! -Wild West Team-
Thank you Maria for your 5-star review. We here at Wild West Adventures - and Bailey in particular - appreciate the time you took to write this review. Highlight of your entire trip? We're very pleased that we were able to provide you with your favourite memories of New Zealand. As a tour company, we can't aim any higher than that. -Wild West Team-
我们参加了白水漂流和萤火虫之旅。导游很友好且提供了很多信息，那些洞穴和萤火虫美极了。不幸的是西海岸正在半干旱时期所以水非常浅，说是漂流其实更多的时候是走路。Wild West Adventures公司的确给我们提供了免费飞索进峡谷的选择，这还是蛮不错的。但是我还是觉得这个旅行太贵了。一家四口需要780美元真的很贵了，而且(这个旅程还是很好的)提供的太多了我们有点玩不过来。
Hi. Thanks for reviewing us, although I really don't think this is a fair review. I know that I personally stressed to you that the water level was low and would be more of a walk with a few rapids and gentle floating pools than a continuous flowing trip. I said I am more than happy to cancel your booking without any penalty, and would much rather do that, if you feel it's not what you were hoping for. I said IF you do decide to come, I would be happy to upgrade you to a free zip-line for you and your family. Which you were appreciative of, at the time. What you may not realise was that this meant an entire extra staff member's wages we had to absorb.
We are incredibly transparent about what our trips involve, and give people every opportunity to change their minds if they so choose, particularly on those occasions when the water is low, even though the creek is only one aspect of the entire adventure.
As mentioned in my reply to the previous review, value is something that is subjective. Some people think jumping out of a perfectly good plane for a minute or less is worth $400 per person. Many think a multifaceted adventure for $780 for a family of 4 is GREAT value.
Your review makes me a bit upset. We bent over backwards to do what was best for your family. Told you that if you had any doubts, don't come on the trip (how many businesses do that?), thanked you for still coming with us by giving your entire family a free zipline, specifically asked you afterwards if you enjoyed yourselves (which you told me you did), and yet now I read you thought the price was excessive for what you got, which was still a multi-faceted adventure, and exceptional service. When I asked you if you had all had a good time and you told me you did, either you weren't being honest with me (in which case, I wish you had been, and we could have sorted something out) or you were honest and decided to change your mind later.
Either way, it's not exactly fair that after all that you write a review such as this, especially since you said the trip was good.
I hope that in the future you are able to manage your expectations and be more honest with yourself, your family and the tourism providers.
-Wild West Team-
Hi, thanks for your review. Please allow me to address your concerns:
1. Your initial booking was cancelled for your safety. We should be praised for that, and given a 5-star rating! Not have it count against us. Fun is a very close second, but safety is ALWAYS number 1. As for us not contacting you, it clearly states at the time of booking that we strongly recommend you contact us the evening before your tour. Most travelers do not have a valid number for us to contact them on, so the onus is on you to contact us.
2. We are certainly always sympathetic when we have to cancel a trip as a safety precaution, and do our best to accommodate our clients as best we can, whether that's reschedule them, give them other suggestions, or offer a no-penalty cancellation. We rescheduled your trip, and you were still happy to go even after we told you all about what to expect, and why we were canceling that particular trip. We then took the time to recommend a few other things in town that you might enjoy. One of them not being open is certainly not our fault. The fact that you thought Shantytown wasn't worth the effort is a judgement call on your part; many people really enjoy Shantytown. Besides, if you're not happy with Shantytown, again, that is not our company, and the fact you didn't enjoy it is no reflection on our company whatsoever.
3. "We spent more time getting dressed, traveling and briefed for everything than we did doing the actual activity". How long it takes to get dressed comes down to you, the client, not us. We do our best to speed up the process - the more time you waste here, the less time on your adventure - but I can't FORCE you to be quicker. If we sped it up by not providing you with wetsuits at all, you would be cold. So the gearing up process is necessary. The traveling time is stated well before you leave. We tell you it is a 40 minute drive out to our site. That is not hidden in any way. Most people enjoy the drive, learning about local geography and history from our knowledgeable and entertaining guides. The briefing is precise so that we give people the right expectations of the trip. Briefings on the creek are for your SAFETY. Our briefings are important, but the one thing they can't effect is your personal attitude.
4. "The zip-line was fun". It is nice to know that you did actually enjoy yourself. :)
5. We tell you at the very start of the trip (same time we tell you about the travel time) that this is NOT a whitewater rafting trip. It's a tubing trip. We even have a tube in the changing area to visually SHOW you that you are tubing, not rafting. We give people every opportunity to decide whether or not this is the trip for them. And you had extra time to decide this.
6. If you paid $900 for 4 people, you were given a discount by our very patient staff. The zip-line is normally $155 just on its own, but when combined with the cave tubing, it's only $50 more. However, you paid only $25 more.
We gave you a discount, looked after your safety, and still you complain. This is, of course, your prerogative. You are of course welcome to see glow worms elsewhere, but from personal experience I doubt you'll see as many anywhere else in New Zealand. Of course, you can zip-line elsewhere, but I doubt you'll find anywhere you can do a 300m zip-line down into a gorge for $25. You can look at canyoning (which our trip isn't, and isn't advertised as such), but they have (rightfully so) more stringent restrictions than we do, thus not making it suitable for a lot of families.
Value is all about perception. Most people think $245pp (you paid $225) for a multi-faceted tour that includes zip-lining, tubing, jumps, slides, glow worm caving, hot spa, etc is good value. Some think jumping out of a plane for 60 seconds for $400 is better value.
We listen when people comment on value. The vast majority think it's great value. We employ brilliant guides, and at lots of little touches to make it enjoyable, building many areas of value into the trip.
I am truly sorry you felt this wasn't up to your expectations, and wish you had come and spoken to us immediately afterwards. We are always happy to come up with something when it's dealt with immediately, on those rare instances when people aren't happy.
-Wild West Team-